The Thanksgiving Tree

The Thanksgiving Tree

Friday, July 27, 2012

Everything I needed to know in life I have learned from the song Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so....


I am loved.  I am dearly loved.  My Savior loves me.  I can KNOW this.  I don't have to wonder.  I don't have to think.  I don't have to "feel" loved.  I KNOW.. why?  Because scripture TELLS me so!  The Bible is truth and if it says it is so... it is.  I AM loved by my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Little ones to Him belong....


"My beloved is mine and I am his"  Song of Solomon 2:16

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; your are MINE!"  Isaiah 43:1

"And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."  Matt. 18:2

I am a little one.  I am HIS little one... whom He has knit together.. whom He has created and known.. whom He loves... whom He guides and watches over... while I sleep.. when I rise...in my comings and goings of my day (Psalm 139)...whom He gives GOOD gifts..

"or what is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?  or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"  Matt. 7:9-11

..because a child I am dependent upon HIM.. for food.. for water.. for ALL things!  There is NOTHING I have that hasn't been given to me FIRST from HIM.  All is HIS!  He has shared them with me.
..because I am a child, I trust Him.  I look to Him.  I obey Him.  He trains me in obedience.  He is always looking after my GOOD.

..they are weak, but He is STRONG.


Amen!  I am weak.  I am unable.  I am not equipped.  I can not.  I won't be able to.  I am feeble.  I am fearful.  HE is strong.  He is able.  He will equip me.  He CAN!  He is the Great I AM!  He strengthens feeble hands.  He gives courage to the fearful.  He gives wings to those who can't fly.  He carries those who can't walk.  He causes the blind to see.. and the lame to leap!  He heals.. He mends... He redeems... He repairs.  At our weakest... in HIM we become strong.  (2nd Corinthians 12:10).

Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.


"Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help me in my unbelief."  Mark 9:24

I will need this drilled into my heart over and over again.  I AM loved.  Yes.. He DOES love me... in difficult circumstances... in hard times.. in suffering.. in betrayal.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Over and Over I need this reminder.  I am forgetful.  Does His love for me change?  NO!

....the Bible tells me so.


How do I know Jesus loves me?  Because I feel it?  Because everything in my life is working out?  Because my children are perfect?  Because my husband is perfect?  Because my body is well?  Because my relationships are thriving?  Because people like me?  Because I am wealthy?  Because I have everything I want?  Does this give me insight into exactly how deep His love is for me?  NO!  Because scripture TELLS ME.  Despite everything.. suffering.. hardship.. sickness... I am loved.  I love because He loved FIRST and foremost! (1 John 4:10)

This is all I need to know in life.  All trials are minimized first and foremost when filtered through the light of His love for me.  It's the simplest song.  It's the simplest Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment